NATIONAL CERTIFICATES N1 – N3: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
The N1 to N3 National Certificates in the Electrical Engineering programme cover heavy current as well as light current. Heavy current includes the distribution of electricity, domestic wiring, civil and industrial industries. Light current includes fields such as digital electronics and industrial electronics.
What will I be qualified as once I’ve completed this course?
The holder of a National N1 – N3 Certificate in Electrical Engineering will be able to take up employment in one of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering & Construction
- Industrial Engineering
- Process Control
- Digital Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Electronic Engineering
What will I be able to do?
- Take up a position as an apprentice or student technician to gain the necessary industrial experience to be able to do a trade test.
In which industries will I be able to work?
- Any industry or organisation that requires a person with electrical qualifications and skills obtained through studying N1 – N3: Electrical Engineering.
What could I do to further improve my skills and my chances of furthering my career?
Achieving the necessary entry requirements at academic level in N3 of this course will enable you to continue studying in an electrical engineering-related field of study. This can be done by studying towards the National N-Diploma by doing the N4-N6 certificates in electrical engineering, followed by 2 years practical work experience in the related of study.
Further studies can be taken at an institution of Higher Education, such as a University or University of Technology.