NATIONAL CERTIFICATES N1 – N3: CIVIL ENGINEERING
The N1 to N3 National Certificates in the Civil Engineering programme caters for students who would like to study any of the following engineering subjects: Bricklaying and Plastering, Plumbing,
What will I be qualified as once I’ve completed this course?
The holder of a National N1 – N3 Certificate in Civil Engineering will be able to take up employment in one of the following fields:
- Building/Construction Industry
- Repair, maintenance and replacement of public and private infrastructure
- General maintenance engineering
What will I be able to do?
- Take up a position as an apprentice or learner technician to gain the necessary industrial experience to be able to do a trade test.
In which industries will I be able to work?
- Any industry or organisation that requires a person with Civil Engineering qualifications and skills obtained through studying N1 – N3: Civil Engineering.
What could I do to further improve my skills and my chances of furthering my career?
Achieving the necessary entry requirements at academic level in N3 of this course will enable you to continue studying in a Civil Engineering-related field of study.
This can be done by studying towards the National N-Diploma by doing the N4 – N6 Certificates in Civil Engineering, followed by two years of practical work experience in the related field of study.
Further studies can be undertaken at any institution of Higher Education, such as a University or University of Technology should you meet the necessary entry requirement